AdRule's Account Overview provides a summary of your account's performance on a highly customizable dashboard.
The dashboard is composed of widgets which give you an at-a-glance view of your account's information. Most widgets can be customized, and the entire dashboard can be rearranged and configured. Here's how.
Editing the Dashboard
To customize your dashboard, click the Edit switch:
You can also open the dashboard configuration menu by clicking the arrow on the right to open the menus:
Clicking either one will turn on Edit mode and show the buttons for configuring the dashboard:
In Edit mode, you can either populate the dashboard with a predefined set of widgets, or edit the individual widgets to tweak their configuration.
- You can have several different dashboards, each focused on a different area, and configure them individually.
Pre-built dashboards are available on the left tab. Clicking one of the buttons will populate your dashboard with a set of widgets focused on one type of information. Scroll down to see what's been added. If you like that set of widgets, click the Edit button off and you're done.
Customizing individual widgets
Click the right tab to configure individual widgets.
You can add new widgets by clicking the buttons. You'll be taken to a configuration screen for the widget. Edit it and click Done to add it to your dashboard.
Widgets can be moved around, resized, edited and deleted.
- Click anywhere on the widget and drag it to move it to a different location.
- Click the copy icon to make a duplicate of the widget on the dashboard. This is useful if you configure a widget, and want a variation of it without having to redo the entire process.
- Click the pencil icon on a widget to edit what it displays.
- Click the up arrow icon to send this widget to the top of your dashboard.
- Click and hold the resize handle in the lower right corner, and drag it to change the size of the widget.
- Note: Some widgets don’t work well if you make them too small.
- Click the X in the upper right corner to delete the widget from your dashboard.
Adding another dashboard
Click the "Add" icon on the top right to add another dashboard.
The new dashboard will be added to the top row, on the right of your existing dashboard(s). Click the name to rename it.
- Click the Copy button on the Dashboard tab to make a duplicate of the dashboard.
- Click the trash can to delete the Dashboard.
- You can switch to a different dashboard and edit it without leaving Edit mode. Just click in the area above or below the name of another dashboard. In the screenshot above, you would click above or below "Test Dashboard" to switch to it. Clicking on the words "Test Dashboard" would let you edit the name of the dashboard.
Once you exit Edit mode, you can select any of your dashboards by clicking the name along the top row.
Quick edit a widget
- Click the pencil in the upper right to configure a widget without going into Edit mode.
- Click the Copy button to make a duplicate of the widget.
Dive deeper into the data
When you are out of Edit mode, all widgets have an icon in the upper-right corner which connects to Advanced Reporting.
Click the icon to go to the page on Advanced Reporting with the same information shown in the widget, which will allow you to look deeper into the data.