What are they?
Converting and Non-Converting spends are advanced features and are optional / not required. They are used to limit the total spend for all Ad Sets based on their individual CPA/CPI performance metrics. They work on top of Budget Rules to provide you an added level of control to accelerate your best ads or restrict poor ads.
Strategy and recommendations
- Converting spend:
- These rules can be used to limit the overall spend of sub-groups of Ad Sets within this Ad Set Group, based on their individual CPA/CPI.
- CPA/CPI: >=, <, Between
- Additional settings: Set the total budget and Period (Lookback, Today)
- Example: If my daily budget is $1,000 and my CPI target is $10, I may only want to send $100 on Ads that come in > $15 CPI. You can use this advanced control to limit your financial exposure.
- Non-converting spend:
- Use this to limit the total spend for all Ad Sets with no conversions today after a specific time of day and amount is spent.
- Set the daily budget you are willing spend for traffic that does not result in a conversion.
- Additional controls: don’t evaluate until a set time-frame from 4am to 11pm
- Example: If my daily budget is $1,000 I may only want to send 10% of my budget on Ads that spend money but don't convert to an install. By specifying the time of day and amount of spend, Example: Limit daily non-converting spend to $100 after 1pm will allow AdRules will pause all Ad Sets after 1pm that have spend money but have failed to convert to an action.