What is it?
Boost settings is an advanced feature that is not required. It is used to help you day part intra-day performance of your rules and boost or suppress volume during time slots when CPA is expected to be low/high. These settings sit on top of your other rules and take precedence.
These boost rules impact your rule settings and not the bid and budget values you manually set on an Ad Set. For example, for bid boost rules to work, you must have Bid Rules; to make budget boost rules work, you must have Budget Tier Rules.
- Budget/Spend boost is applied to: Budget Tier Rule budget and minimum spend; Pause Rule action counts and minimum spend
- Max CPI/CPA boost is applied to: Converting Spend Rule CPI/CPA; Pause Rule CPI/CPA
- Bids boost is applied to: Bid Change Rule bids, First Few Clicks Rule bids, Manual Bid
Date rules rules affect only the date(s) you specify and return to normal afterwards and take precedence over Time of Day rules.
How does it work?
Boosts or suppresses the rules for bids, budgets and CPA targets for ads by specific percentages in specific time slots (user-defined)
Strategy and recommendations
By boosting bids and budgets during time slots with low CPA and suppressing bids and budgets during time slots with high CPA, we are able to reduce portfolio CPA while increasing volume.
- We drive a higher percentage of total spend when CPA is lower, which helps reduce portfolio CPA
- We maximize portfolio volume by driving higher spend when performance is good
Boost settings can be adjusted to reduce CPA or increase volume
- Reduce CPA Greater negative boosts during time slots with high CPA
- Increase volume Greater positive boosts during time slots with low CPA
How do I choose the time slots?
Review your hourly performance in reporting and identifying time slots when account performance is consistently poor or great based on historical data. Start with small changes and gradually walk up the numbers if you see positive results.